Happy new year!
It baffles me how 2020 flew by and just like that, we’re in 2021. It’s ridiculous. We spent the whole year in a pandemic being stuck at home most of the time with the new norm. It used to be “I can’t leave the house without my phone” but now it has turned to “Oh shit I forgot my mask!” It’s such a trying time for all of us and to you who are currently reading this, congratulations on surviving 2020. Now let’s do it again for 2021.
I did this type of post for 2019 (read: 2019 in bullet point) and I quite like it! It’s such a good post of summary of your year so you can look back at what you did each month. 2019 has been so unbelievably good to me so let’s see how’s my 2020!
- I watched IP Man at the cinema with my husband on New Year’s Eve.
- Found out I was pregnant!
- Went to my friend, Amie’s wedding in KL.
- Ordered a surprise flower delivery for my mom’s birthday.
- I went to a relative’s wedding with my mother-in-law and siblings-in-law.
- Another wedding of my husband’s friend.
- I went for dinner with my high school best friends! So good to catch up.
- For pregnancy craving, I was obsessed with eating rice, egg, and sweet soy sauce.
- Went to a wedding, a friend of my husband’s.
- I graduated Bachelor of Education (TESL)!
- Road trip to Kedah with my family for my cousin’s wedding.
- From Kedah, we went to Cameron Highlands and stayed at Strawberry Park Resort. Fed sheep, bought some cactus plants, and had scones for high tea. So, so good!
- I was obsessed with Soul Crew Cafe‘s pasta.
- Movement Control Order (MCO) started in my country due to Covid-19.
- Made dalgona coffee! It’s yummy!
- Celebrated my 25th birthday at home due to MCO so my husband got me iced chocolate from Costa Coffee, KFC, and carrot cake. My favourite!
- Spent the whole month being stuck at home. My husband worked from home so we spent every waking and sleeping hour together. It was fun. We wore sheet masks and spent time doing skincare routine, and we basically prayed jemaah together with my in-laws.
- Found out my baby’s gender at 16 weeks. It’s a boy! Haha.
- It’s the month of ramadan!
- As for my cravings, I craved for sugarcane juice, takoyaki, and ikan patin tempoyak. I got them all!
- Bought the first outfit for my baby from Poney.
- Ordered my ana tomy planner.
- First Eid-Ul Fitr as husband and wife.
- Went out to the mall after so long. Had Nando’s and Auntie Anne’s.
- My parents started building our new house!
- Went back to my husband’s hometown in Perak for Eid.
- Started buying some stuff for my baby.
- Went to my alma mater (MSU) because my brother-in-law started studying there.
- Got a call from government clinic saying that I have gestational diabetes. Sobs.
- My cousin’s wedding! We had henna night at our late grandma’s house. The next day was her solemnisation and we had a small ceremony.
- KFRY for dinner with my family-in-law.
- Went to IKEA with my husband to purchase some baby furnitures.
- Had Dookki buffet at IOI City Mall for my brother-in-law’s birthday. My husband’s treat.
- Packed my hospital bag!
- My cousin’s wedding reception.
- Went out for lunch with my high school best friends at Tendance, Bangi Avenue.
- Went to my friend’s wedding.
- Another one of my cousins got engaged.
- Gave birth to my son!
- Unfortunately he was admitted to the hospital for neonatal jaundice.
- Received my wedding album after almost a year. Bahaha.
- Tried Biscoff cheesecake for the first time. It’s so good.
- I bought Konny Baby. Really comes in handy when you have a fussy baby.
- Our first wedding anniversary! Months and months ago I planned on going for a staycation for our anniversary but COVID. Hmph.
- My husband and I got food poisoning from this one eatery we had takeout from. BANNED!
- My husband’s friend got married and he held a small ceremony after his solemnisation.
- My parents’ house has finished being built so we spent our afternoons there just tidying up the house and buying some stuff.
- I started learning Danish again. I really wanna be fluent in Danish!
- My husband made pajeon for the first time. It’s so good!
- I went back to my husband’s hometown in Kedah for a friend’s engagement party and another friend’s solemnisation.
- After that, we stayed at The Octagon Ipoh for a night. I love that place! It’s a spacious two-bedroom condo. It was impromptu and I really needed that because due to Covid, we haven’t been able to go anywhere. It was my son’s first staycation too haha.
- Spent a few nights at my parents’ new home. They haven’t fully moved yet but we go and visit the house all the time.
- I brought my son to the mall! His first time was to Alamanda, Putrajaya with my family as well. We had lunch. A few days later my husband and I brought him to KLCC. I was in dire need of the mall and eating out. I feel like a brand new person!
How’s your 2020?