Can we take a pause on time because I can’t believe that we’re at the end of another decade! OMG OMG OMG. 2019 has been great to me except for a few misfortunes here and there but hey, that’s life. My life progress has been stagnant for the past few years but this year I really went all out with my life. Okay — it would have been better if I passed my driving test (read: I failed) back in October but other than that, everything else is great. Kind of. Let’s review my year in bullet point.
- My January has been dry but I did go for food tasting with my husband, then, fiancé, and his mom. I booked a hall as well!
- My third month working in a clinic before I went for internship.
- I moved house after 18 years. Super saddening but it was bound to happen anyway.
- I started using the life-changing Kayman Beauty Coalface Soap. It was da bomb!
- I went for marriage course.
- I quitted working at the clinic because my new house is far from the clinic.
- My birthday month! Many good things happened this month. I got myself a new iPhone, bags, and perfumes for my birthday. Had my birthday dinner at Laman Grill.
- Much to my dismay, I started internship.
- I discovered Starbucks hot/iced chocolate. OMG where was it all this time?!
- My mom’s side of the family had a barbecue night at our family’s land.
- My friend secured us Westlife tickets for their concert in August!
- I went to Malacca for a 2-day-1-night staycation with my mom’s side of the family. We had seafood dinner which obviously I couldn’t enjoy because uhm… seafood allergy.
- I watched Avengers: Endgame with my husband (then, fiancé). A few days before my brother had already told me that Iron Man was going to die and I cried for hours.
- My cousin sister’s engagement.
- Bought my first Pandora charm bracelet!
- I discovered Crime Junkie podcast on Spotify. So so good if you love crimes!
- My last Eid Ul Fitr as a single woman!
- This month was basically me struggling to finish my last few weeks of internship.
- Had a very bad fever on my last week of internship but I don’t care because your home girl is done with her degree! Yeah!
- I started on my thesis right after internship and oh boy the relief I felt when everything has been submitted to my supervisor!
- I started buying shitload of stationery on Shopee.
- I finally registered for driving license after 7 years. Gosh.
- I bought Leuchtturm1917 metallic edition dotted notebook in Copper. I’ve been eyeing it for years and am so happy to finally have it in my hands.
- I WENT TO WESTLIFE’S CONCERT WITH MY INTERNET FRIEND, ALYA. OH MY GOD WESTLIFE WAS AWESOME I SCREAMED A LOT.
- 2-day-1-night stay at Lexis Hibiscus, Port Dickson with my family. Awesome hotel! The breakfast was amazing.
- I bought a lot of stuff from Le Maream, a local lingerie company in Malaysia. Their satin pyjamas are so comfortable! I really enjoy using them.
- I went to Genting Highland Premium Outlet with my husband (then, fiancé). Please go there bringing loads of money because the designer bags there are cheaper than retail!
- I bought my new MacBook Pro this month. I’m 5.5k poorer but at least I’m happy 😆
- This month was basically full of driving classes that I had to attend and the occasional eating out.
- So I failed my driving test. I knew how to drive alright but the officers failed me on purpose. LOL.
- I did the 30-day of sheet masking up until my wedding day. Your girl needed the glow!
- I tried the infamous pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I think it’s overrated and I do not like it at all.
- I went to a spa with my mom for a lil bit of pampering before my wedding day.
- I got married on the 9th of November! The very best day of my life!
- After the wedding, my husband and I stayed at Cyberview Resort & Spa for two nights. Amazing hotel as well. Their breakfast is good too.
- Our wedding reception for my husband’s side was on the 16th.
- My husband and I went for our honeymoon to Tioman Island for 3 nights. My husband + beach = what more do I want, really.
- I had a miscarriage. I wrote all about it here.
- I went to Penang Island with my family. We stayed at Bayview Beach Resort for 2 nights. Loved the family room! Breakfast was really good as well.
- My husband and I went to Ipoh, Perak for his cousin’s wedding. We stayed at Clearwater Sanctuary Golf Resort. Sucks that they don’t maintain the place anymore. It could have been beautiful.
- We had the last family dinner of the year with my family at Victoria Station, Jalan Ampang. It’s been almost a decade since we had steak there.